With the online cooking class market predicted to reach $485.83 million in 2027*, the demand for virtual charcuterie classes is soaring right along with it. For charcuterie entrepreneurs, hosting virtual classes can be a potentially lucrative and streamlined way of generating additional income. Here are the top 7 reasons it might be time to think about offering your own virtual meat & cheese boot-camp:
- Flexibility: One of the biggest advantages of offering virtual cooking classes is the flexibility it offers. You can teach from anywhere, at any time, and you don't have to worry about the logistics of hauling gear around like with in-person. This makes it easy to fit virtual classes into your schedule and balance them with other commitments.
- Wider audience: Virtual cooking classes allow you to reach a wider audience than you would be able to with in-person classes and even standard charcuterie catering in your local area. Because everything is virtual, people from all over the world can join, which means you have the potential to earn more money.
- Lower overhead costs: When you go virtual you don't have to worry about the overhead costs associated with in-person classes. You can skip the headaches like renting a kitchen, paying for supplies, cleaning everything up and even travel time. This means you can offer your classes at a lower price point while holding onto more profits.
- Multiple uses: Virtual charcuterie classes can be recorded and made available for purchase. This means you can earn money from them over and over again. This is a great way to build a stable source of income on top of your existing ones.
- Customization: With virtual charcuterie classes, you have the ability to customize them to meet the needs of your students. For example, you can offer classes for different skill levels, focus on specific techniques or dietary needs (like all vegan or Halal).
- Easy to promote: It's easy to promote virtual classes through social media, email marketing, influencers, paid advertising and other online channels. This can help you reach a larger audience and bring in more students.
- Build your brand: Virtual classes are a great way to build your brand and establish yourself as an expert in your field. By sharing your knowledge and skills with others, you can establish yourself as a go-to source for cooking tips and inspiration, which can lead to other opportunities down the road.
When set up correctly, virtual charcuterie classes can be a strong “minimum movement/maximum impact” way of expanding your brand and profits. When combining the time flexibility, potentially limitless reach with low overhead costs, it's no wonder why this is rapidly becoming a popular option grow their businesses.